The SUNBURN CLASSIC has a new event this year. The Lift Off is a separate unsanctioned weightlifting event for both Olympic and Power lifters. There are 2 separate events within the Lift Off and athletes may participate in both. Event 1 of the Lift Off is the Snatch and Clean & Jerk. Event 2 is the Back Squat and Dead-lift. Participants need to know the following:
· For each event the weightlifters will be able to establish a 1 rep max within a time cap with no limit on the amount of attempts that can be made within the given time.
· The scoring will be based on percentage to body weight. All weightlifters will be weighed prior to competing.
· Prizes will be awarded to the top male and female weightlifters in each event.
· Conventional stance dead-lift only
· Back squat requires hip joint to be below the knee.
· Both the snatch and clean & jerk require completion of the movements with the feet being the only part of the body that touches the ground. Both lifts must start from the ground and end with the barbell in a controlled overhead position with elbows extended.